Thank you to all the supportive readers who helped the Kindle version of Gifted: Understanding the Holy Spirit and Unwrapping Spiritual Gifts reach #22 on Amazon’s Kindle Best Sellers (for Christian Theology/Pneumatology) yesterday, and put it on Amazon’s “Hot New Releases” list (see picture below).
Being this high on Amazon’s list has already helped Gifted gain some excellent exposure, and it is our hope that it continues to receive attention, so that more people can be encouraged by the incredible truths of the Holy Spirit’s working in our lives. Gifted is available in print and on Kindle, and is a great gift idea for Christmas and the holidays.
The Christian life is intended to be a relationship with God. Too often we emphasize what He has done for us, but fail to appreciate who He actually is. Gifted focuses the readers’ attention not just on the gifts God provides, but on who He is and why He has provided the gifts in the first place. To unwrap spiritual gifts, we need to understand who the Holy Spirit is and how He works in our lives. Gifted helps readers to take a look at God’s gifts and how we should use them, from the perspective of the Giver.
- Gifted by God, Gifted with God
- The Holy Spirit is a Person
- The Holy Spirit Works
- The Ministry of the Holy Spirit in Christ
- Some Historical Perspectives
- The Baptism of the Holy Spirit
- The Role of the Holy Spirit in Our Understanding
- Do We Value God’s Communication?
- Five Introductory Concepts
- Does Every Believer Have a Spiritual Gift?
- Identifying Spiritual Gifts
- I Can’t Help…I Don’t Have That Gift
- Gifts of Pastoring, Apostleship, and Evangelism?
- The Peter Principles
- What is Speaking in Tongues? Part 1
- What is Speaking in Tongues? Part 2
- Does Tongues Prove We Have the Holy Spirit?
- On Possibility and Certainty
- Purpose, and the Corinthians’ Use of Tongues
- Does God Speak to Us Today?
- Does God Still Heal?
- The Modern Dream Phenomena
- The Nature of Prophecy
- Are Revelatory Gifts for Today?
- Eternal Security, the Holy Spirit, and Ethics
- How Shall We Then Live?
Epilogue. The Importance of How We Interpret